10 Things to Know About the New Facebook Timeline For Brand Pages
Facebook was talking a lot about their new Timeline and how it’s going to revolutionize the entire Facebook Experience. I have had Timeline for a few months now and I think its great. Today being the exclusive leap day of the year 2012, Facebook decided to launch their Timeline for Brand Pages. I have heard some rumors that Facebook was testing how Timeline would look with some of the most popular brands like Coca Cola and Lays.
The new Timeline Look allows users to upload a cover photo for their page. Facebook is maintaining a strict policy for cover photos. For example you cannot upload promotional stuff and offers to your Cover Photo. A simple image explaining your brand is all that’s needed. All the posts are now arranged in the same timeline format. Here is a list that I quickly created for the 10 most important changes to the new Timeline View for your Facebook Brand Pages
Here are 10 changes that you need to know about the Facebook Brand Pages
- Like Button: The Like Button is located right below the cover photo on the right hand side of the screen. Users can see the like count and photos, notes etc on the bar that follows the Facebook Page Cover Photo.
- The Admin Panel Slides down upon clicking and can be found on the top right hand side of the page. From the Admin Panel you can control and edit your Facebook Page. All the elements of the Admin Panel for Facebook Page is still the same.
- If you want to promote your Facebook Brand Page then the option can be found on the top of the page under the Build Audience Tab.
- You can click the Hide Button on the Admin Panel to slide and hide the Admin Panel Itself
- On your Facebook Page under the Status Update Area you can now add notable milestones.
- You can start using Facebook as your Page under the Mange Tab on top of the screen.
- If you are a user and you want to share a page that is using the Timeline View then you can do so by click on the Build Audience Tab and then Share Page .
- All Page Editing Options can be found under Manage then Edit Page
- The Size of the Facebook Cover is 850 by 315.
- Facebook Page Notifications now comes under the Admin Panel for your Brand Page on the right hand side of the screen.
Now that Timeline is integrated into Facebook Pages for Brands it will be interesting to see how creative users can be in shaping and customizing their own Facebook Page.
If you are interested in knowing more about the NEW FACEBOOK TIMELINE FOR BRAND PAGES then Download the Free PDF Here.