Facebook Introduces Groups Strictly for Schools
Facebook rolled out a new update to today which allows anyone with a .edu email address to join their School’s official Facebook group. This reminds us back in time when Facebook was initially introduced and you needed a Harvard.edu E-Mail address to create an account. The reason why Facebook made the new School Groups with such exclusivity is simply because only students pertaining to that particular institution can join their School Group inside Facebook.
Once a Student joins a School Group then he/she can accept all feeds, create and join subgroups and so on. This is a great help to all the schools as they can now introduce a structured way of connection to all their students online.
Some of the ways by which Schools can use Facebook Groups are as follows:
- Declare Public Notice for the Entire School or even private notice for sub groups
- Teachers can interact with students on a platform that they are more engaged to.
- Parents can expect faster reply from teachers and ask them about anything directly provided that the school facilitates an .edu email for parents
- Host Online Events for Students
- Share School Photos and Memories in a brand new way. Looks like the days of School Annual Magazine are finally over.
If you have any bright ideas related to Facebook Group for Schools do leave us a comment below.