- Best Floor Standing Speakers Complete Guide
- What Are The Best Floor Standing Speakers?
Technological advancements have impacted every part of our daily life – one such instance includes how we listen to music and set up home theaters. We can now watch movies in HD or 4k, and we are able to listen to music of high quality, at home. When you go out looking for the perfect set of floor standing speakers, you may be confronted with the challenge of picking the best product.
While all speakers are designed with the same purpose in mind, some of them carry out this main function, the production of sound, much more efficiently than others. Thanks to a wide range of speakers available in the market, now you are able to find one as per your specific needs and budget. Floor standing speakers offer some of the best sound money can buy.
When it comes to quality of sound, style, durability, and portability – floor standing speakers are as good, if not better, than various other speaker types on the market. Because of their size, shape, and the fact that they stand upright vertically, floor standing speakers offer consumers some very impressive sound quality, and at reasonable prices.
Best Floor Standing Speakers Complete Guide
Polk Audio Monitor-75T Four-Way Floorstanding Speaker
Cerwin Vega SL15 3-Way Floor Speaker
Fluance XL7F High Performance Three-way Floorstanding Loudspeakers
Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker
Acoustic Research AR-318PS I318PS Floor Standing Speaker
Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker
Fluance AVBP2 Home Theater Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers
Sony Ssf5000 Floor-standing Speakers
JBL Studio 280 Dual 6.5-Inch 3-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker
Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones Designed Floor standing Loudspeaker
Why Go For Floor Standing Speakers?
In the presence of so many different kinds speakers on the market, why should you consider floor standing speakers?
- Floor standing speakers occupy the same limited floor space as any other speakers but due to their height can offer clear and accurate left and right channel sound resulting in a better surround-sound quality.
- Floor standing speakers are able to produce a more dynamic range of sound when compared with the boxed stereo, or in ceiling systems. You will be able to easily feel the difference between the quality of sound coming from a floor standing speaker and a boxed or bookshelf speaker. Floor standing speakers generally consist of multiple speakers – some may include subwoofers, along with others to handle the mids and high frequency sounds.
Also termed as speaker efficiency, which is the response of the speaker to the changes in power. Speakers with high sensitivity rating will need less power to produce a better sound quality (the higher the sensitivity, the higher the volume), whereas speakers with low sensitivity rating will need more power to do the same. Floor standing speakers with a high sensitivity rating are usually desired – all of the top-rated floor standing speakers we have reviewed below get plenty loud.
Drivers are responsible for producing the sound that you hear. The size, range, quality and number of drivers present within the speakers determine the range of frequencies heard, and overall sound quality. Its always wise to keep the driver specifications in mind when shopping for any speaker, not just floor standing speakers.
The size, weight, and the dimensions of the speakers, along with size of the room you are planning to put them all play roles in how the speakers will sound. Finding the correct sitting distance between the two speakers, for your room size, is also important. You will need to put them at least a couple feet apart in order for the subwoofers and tweeters to produce the kind of sound these floor standing speakers are known for. Floor standing speakers placed in a large room, often sound very different from those same speakers in a small room.
If you are planning to attach an amp or some other input device to the floor standing speakers, you need to make sure that those speakers are compatible. Nowadays, most brands are compatible with other brands, so this is a lesser issue than in the past. Whether you are a student or a teacher, a patient or a doctor, a Dj or a audiophile you surely need to listen to your favorite music and watch your favorite movies – floor standing speakers are your all-around solution.
Now that we have brought the various features of the floor standing speakers to your attention, let us now have a look at some of the most trusted, high-quality floor standing speakers available. In the presence of so many floor standing speakers, it is very easy to get duped into purchasing an average product. We went ahead and rated for you the top 10 best floor standing speakers available for purchase. Don’t settle for less, buy the best speakers within your price range that you can!
What Are The Best Floor Standing Speakers?
1. Polk Audio Monitor-75T Review
If you are looking for some exceptional sound and unmatched clarity in your music, the Polk Audio Monitor-75T Four-Way floor standing speakers are surely your best bet. These speakers perform equally well as some of their more expensive counterparts – they produce clean, spacious, and punchy audio that is hard to come by. Whether you are looking to build a home theater or a simple stereo system, the perfect size and design of these speakers is guaranteed to produce bold and realistic sound quality. The bass is deep and direct, and the mids and high are carried out with precision.
Some good features of the Polk Audio Monitor-75T four-way floor standing Speakers:
- These speakers come with 6 ½ “ composite dynamic balance drivers, which offer excellent bass with minimum distortion.
- The Polk Audio Monitor 75T Four way floor standing monitors come with a 1” Dynamic Balance dome tweeter, which delivers a clear and high frequency response, for realistic sound reproduction.
- These speakers also have multiple smaller sized drivers for better mid-range. The end result – more detail and wider sound dispersion, which manifests in an overall more three-dimensional feel to the music.
- Myler bypass capacitors are used as crossovers, which ensures more detailed high frequencies.
- For a cleaner, livelier and sharper quality of sound, these speakers come in a non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction, with thick baffles.
2. Cerwin Vega SL15 Review
Simplistic in design but serious in sound – this best describes the Cerwin Vega SL15 3-Way Floor Speakers. No need to spend thousands of dollars designing a perfect sound system for your home – the Cerwin Vega SL15 3-Way floor speakers are of excellent quality, and cost much less. Depending on the size or your room and your sound preferences, you will surly be able to find a perfect Cerwin Vega SL speaker for you, since they come in so many different models and every single model offers a different configuration. Cerwin has been in this business for many years now, and are know for their high-quality speakers, which meet and often exceed the consumer’s experience. You will love the deep bass, accurate mids, and crisp highs, that these speakers produce.
Let us have a look at some of its unique features:
- Bass Reflex Cabinet for extended lows
- For a punchy and bold bass, these speakers are loaded with large 15” subwoofer
- The 3-way system design allows for a better and clearer sound quality
- These speakers come with a classical design and a removable grille
3. Fluance XL7F Review
Whether you play your music at low volume levels or at full volume, the Fluance XL7F’s sound excellent. We found that the XL7F’s may take a few minutes to warm up before they are able to perform at their best. These speakers are equally good when listening to jazz, classic, R&B, Rock or Hip Hop music. You can even watch HD movies and play latest video games with great audio. Different registers ensure minimum distortion in all frequency ranges.
Some cool things about the Fluance XL7F High Performance Three-way Floor standing Loudspeakers:
- A Butterworth design with premium crossovers offers better audio equalization.
- For optimum conductivity these speakers are fitted with Bi-amp 5-wire gold-plated binding post terminals.
- In order to ensure performance reliability, the unwanted cone resonance is suppressed with the Butyl rubbers.
- For longer excursion, these speakers are provided with 8” long-throw subwoofers.
4. Polk Audio RTI A7 Review
The RTiA7 is a class in itself, and made for serious music lovers on a budget. The curved edges with real wood veneer coating give these speakers a handsome and refined look, not often seen in floor standing speakers. These speakers are equipped with the latest hardware to a provide smooth and accurate sound response. The exclusive PowerPort technology helps take care of the noise air turbulence. With these top-rated speakers in your room, you will surly enjoy deep bass, natural midrange and clear highs.
Let us have a look at some of the distinguishing features of RTiA7 floor standing speakers:
- These speakers come with 6 ½ “ midrange driver to provide clarity and lifelike details to the sound tracks
- The patented Dynamic Balance Technology by Polk ensures good sound quality and no distortions
- The patented 6-layered DAHLI design offers inert enclosure and minimal resonance ensuring a clean and accurate sound
- The ARC (Acoustic Resonance Control) technology offers a distortion-free natural sound
- For a deeper bass impact, these speakers are designed in such as way that allows for a smooth transition of the air flow, from the port, into the listening area.
5. Acoustic Research AR-318PS I318PS Review
Although not new to the world of loud speakers, Acoustic Research has been building quality speakers since 1952 – every new model is an improvement in both physical appearance, and performance. The Acoustic Research AR-318PS I318PS Floor standing Speaker is not only pleasing to the eyes, but also to the ears. These speakers can fit in any room or in any home – the result of their implied personality and extra rich sound. These are some of the best budget speakers on the market.
Some cool things about the Acoustic Research AR-318PS I318PS Floor standing Speakers:
- These floor standing speakers come with an 8” high excursion woofer
- These speakers come with a 5” uni-cone midrange
- Come with a 1” polycarbonate tweeter
- Can be used for listening to a wide range of music type such as jazz, rock, techno or classical music.
- For the moderate amount of money you spend to own these Acoustic Research AR-318PS I318PS Floor standing Speakers, you get to the enjoy best quality of sound whether you watch movies, play video games or listen to your favorite sound track.
6. Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series Review
Flawless design and unparalleled sound quality – The five words that best describe the Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series floor standing loudspeakers. Whether you are watching a Sci-fi movie or playing Counter Strike video game on your Xbox, these speakers produce some of the best audio in this price range. These speakers are ideal for small to medium sized rooms, as they offer full bodied and dynamic sound quality. With the updated drivers crossover system, consumers can expect a much deeper bass, clear midrange tones, and sharp but accurate highs. Use these as your front left and right home theater speakers for a great home theater audio system.
Some good things about the Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series Floor standing Loudspeakers:
- These speakers perform equally well with movies, video games and music listening.
- Equipped with 1” Travel Suspension tweeter that allow louder sound with lesser distortions
- The wood-grain vinyl veneer cabinet design give these speakers a handsome and classy look
- For lifelike sound, each speaker in the Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series uses a Tractrix Horn technology. This also allows for less use of energy to produce better sound.
7. Fluance AVBP2 Review
These speakers are termed “Bipolar” because of their unique design, which combines two identical panels with a 4” woofer and 1” Neodymium tweeter in each speaker. Because of their unique design, their sound ambiance is unique and fun to listen to. If you are looking for surround sound, these speakers are some of the best as the provide all the localization needed for soundtracks, with directional sound effects. Because of their sound quality and their physical dimensions, the Fluance AVBP2 Home Theater Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers can also be used as bookshelf speakers. These speakers are fitted with only the best materials: high-performance magnets, Neodymium tweeters, and high-tech crossovers – they offer a pure listening experience.
Let’s have a sneak peak at some of their good features:
- High efficiency and unique bipolar design which offers optimum surround imaging
- Gold plated binding terminals for better conductivity
- A Butterworth design in the Crossover
- High end Neodymium Pure silk Dome tweeters
- MDF wood construction for reduced cabinet resonance
- Butyl Rubber surrounds for increased durability and performance
8. Sony SSF-5000 Review
Although not new to the world of speakers, the SSF-5000 floor speakers by Sony can fill any room with the right bass to keep the party going. These speakers are designed by Sony keeping one thing in mind – to offer a full range of tones to the listeners. The kind of bass, treble and the quality of sound these speakers can produce makes them an excellent option for the amount of money you spend. Whether you want to use them as stand alone floor speakers, use them as computer speakers, or include them in a surround sound system, the Sony SSF-5000 Floor standing 3-way Speakers perform equally well in any role you assign to them.
Let us have a closer look at these speakers and find out how they are different from the rest:
- They carry larger than average sized speakers.
- Their sleek and stylish design allow them to be placed in any part of the room
- With a total height of 33.5”, depth of 10.4” and Width of 9.5” you sure will find the best place for them in your small room
- These speakers come with an 8” Kevlar HOP woofer
9. JBL Studio 280 Review
JBL has been in the business of producing high quality speakers for the serious music enthusiasts. This is another effort by them to provide music lovers the kind of sound quality that is expected. The JBL Studio 280 Dual 6.5-Inch 3-Way Floor standing Loudspeaker surely redefines the future of speaker sound. Tried and tested in their own research labs, these loudspeakers went through many hoops before they finally reached the market. They come with 6.5” Patented PolyPlas midrange drivers, which are capable to delivering twice the signature potency that any other model can offer. The high definition imaging waveguide design and 1” CMMD Lite high frequency drivers let you enjoy pure sound quality with all the details.
Following are some of the good things about the JBL Studio 280 Dual 6.5-Inch 3-Way Floor standing Loudspeakers:
- These speakers come with 6.5” dual PolyPlas drivers for better sound clarity
- To reduce cabinet wall flexing, and improve the bass response, these speakers are provided with internal edge-to-edge bracing.
- High definition imaging design allows the consumer to listen to natural sound, with full detail, in every instance.