Technology is one of the fastest growing man-made innovations there is today. Its rapid progress has made the phrase “with a click of a button” seem outdated as people have become reliant on LCD touch screens. In the past, listening to music would have involved a compact disc (CD), a CD player, two AA batteries, and a headset that covered the entire ear.
Fast forward a few years, now you can actually take your headphones with you underwater. All it takes to listen to music in the pool is a Bluetooth-compatible audio device and some high-quality waterproof wireless headphones.
With so many choices available today, it can be difficult to differentiate the good headphones from the bad. That is why we wrote this complete guide for you of the Top 10 best waterproof, wireless, and Bluetooth headphones for swimming.
Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones Complete Guide
The Value of Music In Our Daily Lives
Music is one of the most important parts in people’s lives. Drives are definitely lonelier without the radio on. Commuting seems to take longer without listening to tunes or audio files. Working out seems like a drag when the only sound heard is the rattling of the exercise machines or the dropping of weights. Swimming just isn’t the same without music. Music is entwined with culture at a global level, and that’s why it’s important to have the best devices and equipment to listen to it.
The best sounding earbuds are those that give off great sound quality when listening to music or are most audible when talking to someone over the phone. In more technical terms, however, the following information is vital when looking for the best waterproof earbuds and headphones:
- Frequency refers to sound measured in Hertz (Hz). Generally, the lower the frequency is able to go, the more bass (sound of the lowest range) is heard from the earphones and headphones. The higher the frequency is, the more treble (sound of the highest range) is heard.
- Impedance refers to the clarity of sound heard on the earbuds. This is due to the vibrational frequency that electricity carries. Electricity powers the earphones and headphones and the vibrations they carry emit the sounds heard on the device. A good quality pair of earphones or headphones won’t wear out over time and frequent use.
- Sensitivity is the softest and loudest sound that a person can hear, measured in decibels. Good quality earphones and headphones won’t compromise a person’s hearing due to loud and vibrant sounds.
- Drivers are like the motherboards of earphones and headphones — the stronger the driver, the better overall quality of sound there is. As the driver size increases, the bass, mids, and highs are also enhanced.
- Fit of earphones and headphones is usually checked because of the fact that during vigorous physical activity, especially underwater, earbuds are much more likely to fall out if they are not properly fitted. The fit has to match the user’s head and ear shape so the headphones won’t fall off as easily when doing physical activity.
- IPX Rating is the rating system designed to quantify the protection of products from water. Products gain an IPX rating after it is tested to prove that they can be operated under various wet conditions.
The Likely Consumers of Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
Professional or casual swimmers, swimming instructors, divers, and others would be the usual target market of Bluetooth waterproof earbuds. Endurance athletes or long distance runners may choose to opt for some waterproof headphones for the added benefit of greater durability. Also, those who are prone to hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) may opt to buy waterproof Bluetooth earbuds as well.
Average Earbuds vs. Waterproof Earbuds
An average pair of waterproof earbuds would break over time because of its lack of quality, its exposure to the environment, and the way it’s used and handled. Water has very corrosive effects on earbuds, so it should be made of good quality materials. Misuse of the earbuds such as improper storage and reckless handling can also cause the earbuds’ deterioration. Meanwhile, waterproof earbuds, by nature, do not absorb water, so they are able to last longer despite more exposure in water, and even being completely submerged for long periods of time. The best waterproof headphones should have very little limits as far as depth goes.
The Benefits of Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
Bluetooth waterproof earbuds are different from water-resistant earbuds, as “water-resistant” is a term that just means that sweat and light splashes of water would do the earbuds no damage. Waterproof headphones can actually go underwater for a certain number of feet safely.
Waterproof Bluetooth headphones are more comfortable and practical in terms of design compared to the average earphones and headphones. They block out more noise as well since the external environment when using these waterproof earbuds would involve splashing and any other noise from the water. Additionally, the best waterproof Bluetooth headphones for swimming will be designed in such a way as to prevent bubbles from being stuck in between your ear and the headphones – these little pockets of air can distort music and bring down the overall quality of sound. Even with the best quality speakers, if the headphones are not properly designed, they will not be able to work at their full potential.
Waterproof earbuds tend to be lighter as well so that when they are being used underwater, the swimmer would be comfortable and free from distractions. They are advantageous since these earbuds are designed to not absorb water, and to cause very little drag, thanks to the Bluetooth wireless technology.
The controls of the earbuds are also more accessible since if you are in the water, it’s impossible to carry such a device like an iPod. But with Bluetooth waterproof earbuds, access to your music is on the earbuds. Accessible volume control allows the user to adjust the volume, while other functions such as fast-forward and/or rewind may also be found elsewhere on the earbuds.
Lastly, durability is what sets waterproof Bluetooth headphones apart as they are able to withstand long and constant use in water or underwater. The best waterproof headphones will be able to withstand daily use in the water and out.
Latest posts by Rahul Ghosh (see all)
- 10 Things to Consider When Buying a Router - April 30, 2017
- Buying a GoPro or Action Camera: 7 Useful Things You Need To Know - April 25, 2017
- 7 Ways Music is Beneficial to your Health - April 16, 2017